Mushroom & Kale Risotto
Mushrooms, kale and creamy risotto. What more is there to say? This dish is a little time consuming but it's not difficult. All you need is some patience and a few ingredients to make this savory dish.
Makes about 4 servings
Here's what you'll need:
• 1 onion chopped
• 6 cups vegan chicken broth
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 2 Tbsp vegan butter
• 1 1/2 cups Arborio Rice
• 1 pack of sliced mushrooms
• 5-6 kale leaves finely chopped
1. Prep the 6 cups of vegan chicken broth and set aside.
2. Add the olive oil to the pot and sauté the onions for a couple of minutes.
3. Next, add the sliced mushrooms and kale. Mix together and then cover the pot and cook for a couple minutes.
4. Remove the lid and add the rice. Sauté it with the veggies.
5. Add 3 cups of the broth. Stir well and cover. Simmer for about 20 minutes, until the broth is mostly absorbed by the rice.
6. Next, add 1 1/2 cups of the broth and stir again. Cover for another 10 minutes until the broth is once again absorbed.
7. Add the remaining 1 1/2 cups of broth and stir once more. Cover again for 10 minutes.
8. Once all of the broth has been mostly absorbed you can turn the heat off and mix in the butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add some parsley or vegan parmesan cheese if you wish. Sometimes I will add a little hot sauce to give it a kick, but that is also optional.