Strawberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Updated: Sep 2, 2018
Makes about 6 muffins
These muffins use the same basic recipe as the bluenana muffins except they're strawberry chocolate chip instead of blueberry banana. If you liked the bluenana muffins then you're sure to like these as well. :)
Here's what you'll need:
• 1 cup flour (I've been using Pamela's All Purpose Gluten-Free flour)
• 3/4 cup brown sugar or demerara
• 1/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 chia egg (Tbsp chia seeds + 2.5 Tbsp water = a chia egg)
• 1/4 cup oil (coconut, olive etc.)
• 1 cup fresh strawberries blended + 1/2 cup cut into small pieces
• 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (or more if you'd like)
1. Preheat oven to 350 º
2. Line muffin tin with liners or lightly grease with oil
3. In as small bowl combine the oil, sugar & chia egg & mix well.
4. In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
5. Add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
6. Blend 1 cup of the strawberries and pour into mixture. Fold in the remaining cut strawberries & chocolate chips. Mix well.
7. Pour mixture into muffin tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Let cool & enjoy these tasty treats for breakfast or dessert.