The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Updated: May 13
Everyone loves a good chocolate chip cookie and us vegans are no exception. These cookies are soft, chewy, and filled with chocolatey goodness. Let's begin!
Makes about 6 doz.
Here's what you'll need:
• 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 2 cups salted butter, softened (I use Earth Balance)
• 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
• 1/2 cup cane sugar
• 2 (3.5) oz packages instant vanilla pudding
• 4 "eggs" (I use Ener-G-Egg replacer)
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350º
2. Sift together flour, salt, and baking soda. Set aside
3. In a large bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, and cane sugar with an electric mixer on high. Mix until the batter is light and fluffy (about 3-4 min).
4. Add in the instant pudding and mix until blended.
5. Add the "eggs" and vanilla and beat on low until all is combined.
6. Slowly begin to add the flour mixture in batches until all in incorporated. At this point, the batter will become stiff.
7. With a wooden spoon or spatula stir in the chocolate chips.
8. Spoon some of the batter and drop the cookies onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.