Vegan Ostara Eggs
With today being Ostara and Easter around the corner these little beauties not only taste amazing, but they're cruelty free too! A perfect appetizer, these deviled eggs will be the highlight of your party.
Makes about 12 eggs
Here's what you'll need for the egg:
• 2 cups plain almond milk
• 2 tsp agar agar powder (try NOW Foods brand)
• 1/4 tsp black salt (kala namak)
• Egg molds (I used these)
Here's what you'll need for the yolk:
• 1 block extra firm tofu
• 2 TBSP vegan mayo (I used Veganaise)
• 2 TBSP olive oil
• 2 tsp mustard
• 3/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/2 tsp black salt (kala namak)
• Ground pepper to taste
• Optional paprika for garnish
1. Combine the almond milk, agar agar powder & black salt in a small pot and whisk until everything is mixed. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour into egg molds. Refrigerate for 30 min or until set.
2. Combine everything for the yolk in a food processor and blend until smooth.
3. Once the egg molds have set remove a small circle from each egg using a teaspoon.
4. Fill each egg with the yolk using a spoon or pipping bag with a star tip. Top with paprika if using.