Vegan Tuscan Gnocchi Soup
Fall is officially here and what's better than some delicious warm soup? I can't think of anything so without further ado let's make some soup!
Here's what you'll need: • 1 yellow onion chopped
• 3 garlic cloves minced
• 1 yellow pepper chopped • 1/2 package organic baby bella mushrooms sliced
• 1 lb. gold potatoes cut into small chunks
• shredded kale
• 1 can chickpeas drained
• 1 14.5 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 2-3 cups plain oat milk
• 1/3 cup gf flour
• 2-3 TBS vegan butter
• olive oil
• 1 TBS garlic pepper
• 1 TBS onion powder
• salt to taste
• pepper to taste
• small sprig of fresh rosemary minced
• 2 tsp oregano
• 2 tsp thyme
• 1 tsp basil
• red pepper flakes to taste
Directions: 1. Heat some olive oil in a soup pot. Add your onion and garlic. Sprinkle a little bit of salt and pepper in and saute for 3-5 minutes until fragrant. Add yellow pepper and sliced mushrooms and saute for another 3-5 minutes until mushrooms soften.
2. Add your vegan butter and gf flour to the mixture until the butter has melted and everything is coated. Add your chickpeas, potatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes, and vegetable broth. Stir until combined.
3. Add your gnocchi, remaining spices, and oat milk to the pot. Stir well and taste - add more seasoning if desired. Cook on medium-low until potatoes are cooked stirring occasionally.
4. Once your potatoes are cooked add your chopped kale and stir until softened.
5. Ladle some into a bowl and enjoy!