Updated: Jan 21, 2019
Tofu scramble is one of my favorite dishes to make. It's easy, filling and you can always make it exciting by experimenting with different veggies. This was one of the very first vegan dishes I learned to make. If you're just starting out I suggest giving this recipe a try. You can't go wrong with tofu scramble!
Here's what you'll need:
• 1 block firm tofu pressed
• any vegetables you'd like ( onion, mushroom, broccoli, tomato etc.)
• Nutritional yeast to taste
• Black Salt (kala namak)
• Optional vegan cheese (I like Daiya)
1. Sautee your veggies in a lightly oiled pan
2. Crumble the pressed tofu and add to pan with veggies
3. Once mixture is warmed, if you're using vegan cheese add it now or you can also use nutritional yeast (as much or as little as you prefer)
4. For an eggy flavor add in a couple pinches of black salt
5. Season with additional salt & pepper to taste
6. Serve and enjoy!
*You can also add in different spices to make it your own. Try some chili powder, tumeric or even curry!