Raw Zucchini Pasta with Avocado Basil Pesto
After indulging in delicious food over the last few holidays, I decided it was time to take it down a notch and get back to my roots. I've started incorporating "raw Wednesdays" into my diet - a way for my body to have a break from processed foods. Zucchini noodles are pretty popular and I thought it would be fun to give them a shot. I love avocados and decided that they would be perfect for creating a creamy sauce. As always, feel free to get creative with it!
Here's what you'll need:
• 2 zucchini's spiraled (mine looks like this, but there are a variety of spiralizer you can buy)
• 1 avocado
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1/2 lemon, juiced
• Handful of basil (add more based on taste)
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup water (add more if you like your sauce thinner)
• Cherry tomatoes, basil leaf & nutritional yeast for garnish (optional)
1. Spiral your zucchini and place noodles in a bowl
2. Add the remaining ingredients (except for garnishes) to a food processor. Blend well until desired consistency is reached.
3. Pour sauce over zucchini noodles and toss well, making sure to coat all the noodles
4. Garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes, basil leaf and some nutritional yeast (gives it a hint of cheesy flavor)
*Notes - pine nuts would be a delicious add on to this dish!*