Vegan Shish Kabobs
This past Memorial Day my family decided to switch it up and make shish kabobs instead of our traditional burgers and dogs. They're easy to make vegan and they take little time to prepare & assemble - perfect for parties and family gatherings!
Here's what you'll need:
• A variety of veggies cut into large pieces or whole (mushrooms, peppers, onions, zucchini, tomatoes etc.)
• Vegan Italian dressing
• Gardein beefless tips (or equivalent)
• Gardein crispy chicken (or equivalent - save the sauce packet for another recipe)
• 2 of your favorite seasoning packets for marinading (try traditional grill flavors like paprika, garlic and red pepper or mix it up with flavors like orange and lime - get creative!)
• 1/4 cup of water
• 1/4 cup of oil
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• Kabob sticks
1. Thaw out your beefless tips and crispy chicken.
2. Prepare your veggies. Cut them into large pieces or leave them whole like the tomatoes or mushrooms. Once they're cut place them in a large bowl and cover in the vegan Italian dressing. Set aside to marinate for a few minutes. *see notes at the bottom*
3. Prepare your beefless tips and chicken. Mix each seasoning packet with the water, oil and red wine vinegar. Pour one over the beefless tips and the other over the crispy chicken and let marinate for 15 minutes.
4. Assemble your kabobs any way you like. The combinations are endless!
5. Once all your kabob sticks are filled with veggies and faux meats, grill over a medium - high flame, rotating until cooked. I like mine a little charred.
*Notes - if you're using potatoes, you might want to partially cook them first before marinating so they're easier to pierce with the kabob stick*